A Holistic Approach to Stewardship
Sustainalytics and its predecessors have 25 years' experience in engagement services and aims to become the leading provider globally. Working collaboratively with our asset owner and asset manager clients, we aim to foster a constructive dialogue with portfolio companies. All our engagements are informed by our extensive company-level research. On behalf of investors, we facilitate all avenues of engagement, including direct constructive dialogue with companies, assisting with shareholder resolutions and proxy-voting decisions. Clients are often invited to join conference calls with the relevant companies and can track real-time information on our Engagement Forum, including email exchanges, meeting minutes and more.
Our Approach to Engagement
We believe effective engagement is a constructive process aimed at creating long-term investment value. To achieve this aim, engagement requires:
- Clear engagement objectives that both resolve relevant issues and improve companies' overall ESG performance
- Constructive relationships built on two-way dialogue
- Clear time frames for engagement results
- Versatility and the use of all available engagement tools, including email communications, calls and meetings with management, conference calls, site visits and proxy voting
- Working on a collaborative basis to leverage the power of ownership influence
Our Engagement Managers
Our constantly growing team currently consists of 17 highly experienced engagement professionals, with extensive market knowledge and fluency in over 12 languages. Our Engagement Managers are able to leverage Sustainalytics' in-depth and diverse ESG research, which is supported by over 200 research analysts and the largest dedicated ESG client servicing team in the industry.